With March of the Penguins (amazing trailer) coming out in a couple weeks, Top Men thought it would be an appropriate time to review our Emperor Penguin facts.
- They stand over three feet tall, weigh almost 90 pounds.
- The only bird that never sets foot on dry land.
- They lay only a single egg at the coldest time of year (wind-chill of 150 degrees F below zero)
- They don't build a nest, but instead the male Emperor balances the egg on his feet.
- The male will not eat anything for nine weeks while incubating the egg.
- They can dive underwater to depths below 1500 feet and stay under for over 20 minutes.